May 19, 2020
To our highly valued patients and referring Doctors,
- As per the new announcement outlined by AHS and the CPSA we are now able to see all of our essential health service appointments in clinic. Elective cosmetic procedures and laser treatments are NOT essential health services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- New patient referrals are still being triaged and accepted.
- If you currently have an existing medical appointment you may be notified of a time change in order to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- For product purchases please visit our online store at http://www.remingtonlaser.com/shop. We are offering curbside pickup or we can ship to your location. If you have any questions regarding our products, please call our clinic at any time.
- We will be continuing to follow the COVID-19 guidelines to ensure the safety of our staff and patients. We wish you all the best during these difficult times and The Remington Laser Dermatology Centre staff looks forward to connecting with all of our patients again.
Dr. Kent and Todd Remington, MD
Updated Clinic Protocols
- COVID-19 Screening Questions are required at the time of booking an appointment and upon entering the clinic.
- Arrive only 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment in order to help reduce the amount of patient’s in clinic.
- Bring your own pen.
- A face mask must be worn during your appointment (a scarf or bandana is acceptable).
- Gloves cannot be worn for sanitary purposes.
- Come into the clinic on your own unless assistance is required.
Thank you for your cooperation
COVID-19 Screening Questions
Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Severe Cough
- Shortness of Breath
- Significant Nasal Congestion or Significant Runny Nose
- Fever with temperature over 38ºC
- Reduced or Lost Sense of Smell
In the past 2 weeks, have you come into contact with?
- anyone that has any of the symptoms of COVID -19?
- anyone suspected of having COVID-19?
- Anyone diagnosed with COVID-19?
Have you recently travelled outside of Alberta?
If you have answered YES to any of these questions, please:
- Call Health Link 811
- Call us at 403-255-1633 or 403-252-7784 to rebook your appointment (*cancellation/rebooking fees will be waived due to the evolving nature of this situation)
We want to inform our patients that the utmost level of hygiene and other protective measures is practiced in our clinic and we are taking all precautions outlined by Alberta Health Services and Health Canada to create a safe environment for everyone. Our number one priority is to ensure our patients and employees are feeling safe when coming into the Remington Laser Dermatology Centre.
We would like to share with you the safety measures that have been implemented:
- Ensure all patients who have appointments have answered the COVID-19 Precautions Screening Questions as outlined by Alberta Health.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the clinic (entry point, front desk, treatment rooms, and washrooms). Every patient is asked to use hand sanitizer upon their arrival at the clinic.
- As it is customary, our team members continue to wash their hands both before and after each patient encounter. Treatment beds and working surfaces are sanitized after each patient visit.
- Common areas such as doorknobs, waiting room, desks, payment terminals, etc. are sanitized repeatedly throughout the day.
- Shared magazines, brochures, and product samples have been removed from treatment rooms and the waiting room until further notice.
- If employees have common cold or flu-like symptoms they are required to stay home.
- Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions or concerns regarding your appointment.
Thank you for your co-operation and understanding during this challenging time.