Dr. B. Kent Remington
A Summa cum laude honors graduate of the University of Alberta Medical School; Dr. Remington went on to complete his post-graduate training in Portland, Oregon. He returned to Calgary, Canada to serve as chief resident responsible for the Intensive Care Unit at the Foothills Hospital, and then established the Remington Dermatology Center in 1971 which then became the Remington Laser Dermatology Center in 1979, the very first of its kind in Canada.
Dr. Remington is internationally known and respected for his innovative, artistic and comprehensive approach to the Aesthetic Face using laser surgery, other light-energy devices, fillers, and neuromodulators. He has been a champion in the use of combination facial treatments to create the best facial restoration in a synergistic way. Many of his techniques have been shared with colleagues in articles which have been published in medical journals.
Sought after throughout the world to teach his innovative techniques and approaches Dr. Remington engages international audiences with his detailed graphics and memorable presentations, helping aesthetic professionals further understand the restoration of the face.
Dr. Remington was one of the first to use facial fillers with collagen in 1981 and encouraged physicians to better understand techniques for a more natural lip enhancement and augmentation. Additionally, he was one of the first to have experience with HA fillers in 1996 when he pioneered the injecting of dermal filler in subcutaneous tissue and pre-periosteal zones.
The CO2 laser Blepharoplasty technique was fostered by Dr. Remington for all skin types both for men and women, performing over 10,000 Blepharoplasties in the last twenty years. Subsequently instructing many surgeons in the science and skillful art of Laser Blepharoplasty.
When not working Dr. Kent Remington will often be found enjoying the outdoors, most often fishing and biking.
- Board certified in Dermatology by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and by the American Board of Dermatology
- Canadian Dermatology Association
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Canadian Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Alberta Society of Dermatologists
- Canadian Medical Society
- Canadian Laser Aesthetic Surgery Society
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Canadian Dermatological Laser Research and Surgery Association
- International Society for Dermatologic Surgery